Have you ever had this moment in your day when you just want to buy a box of cookies and finish them all? Welcome to my daily life! Fortunately, I have found a solution to avoid suffering from severe diabetes because of too much sugar 😉
Here is a super simple recipe with no baking involved, no added sugar, low in refined carbs and high in protein. Too good to be true? Well, did I mention it only takes 10 minutes?
- 1 jar of peanut butter (100% peanuts)
- 2 bars of dark chocolate (75% or above)
- 1 pack of porridge oats
- 1 pack of mixed nuts and dried fruit (I used peanuts and raisins)
- Combine chocolate and peanut butter, and melt it in the microwave (1-2 minutes should be enough)
- Put the nuts, dried fruit and porridge oats in the mixer. You should get a slightly sticky blend.
- Combine the two blends together in a tray and compress it with your hands in a square shape
- Put the tray in the freezer for minimum 4-5 hours (better if you leave it overnight!)
- Once cold and firm, you can cut it into bars of your preferred dimension and keep into sandwich bags or foil