24 mini cupcakes or 12 cupcakes
-120 gr flour
-120 gr sugar
-120 gr butter, softened
– 5 gr baking powder
-vanillin extract powder
-a pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180° C. Line a muffin tin with paper cases.
- Put the butter and sugar in a bowl and beat until pale and fluffy.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into the bowl.
- Beat the eggs and vanilla and add to the bowl. Beat until just combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes until risen, golden and firm to the touch.
- Cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
White chocolate ganache
-200 gr white chocolate
-125 ml heavy cream
-pink liquid food colouring
To make the white chocolate ganache, place the chocolate and cream in a medium heatproof bowl over a medium saucepan half-filled with simmering water (make sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water).
Use a metal spoon to stir occasionally until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Place in the fridge for 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally, or until ganache is spreadable. Add the pink food colouring and stir until well combined.
Use a round-bladed knife to spread cupcakes evenly with ganache. Sprinkle with cachous to decorate.