When I’m alone at home and I want to cook something delicious without much effort, I use this fantastic recipe.
Parmigiana is a typical dish of the south of Italy made with a shallow or deep-fried sliced aubergine filling, layered with cheese and tomato sauce, then baked. I remember my grandmother cooking it for family dinners (5-hr long, 15 people) and it’s so delicious!
Unfortunately, there are two drawbacks of the traditional recipe: it’s extremely long to make and the vegetables are deep-fried. Not the lightest of meals, let’s say 😉
My recipe is quite the opposite: quick, simple and very healthy.
- 1 eggplant
- cheese (pecorino, dried mozzarella, emmentaal etc)
- tomato sauce
- olive oil & salt
5 Simple Steps to Make It Happen (10-12 mins):
- Cut the eggplant in rolls (no reason to be too precise) and cook them in the microwave for 4-5 mins
- Roast them in a pan with oil and salt for 2 more mins until they’re golden
- Take 2 little bowls and create a layer by placing ingredients in this order: tomato sauce, eggplants and cheese. Then start over with another layer, you can do as many as you wish!
- Cook everything in the microwave for 2-3 more mins to melt the cheese…yummy!
- Lunch is ready! 😉